Pursuit of Athletic Excellence Grant
Requirements for applications for the Pursuit of Athletic Excellence grant:
- applicant must be an AOA member in good standing
- applicant must have been an Alberta resident for the 12 months prior to the event
- no receipts are required but event results will be checked on-line by the AOA
- applicants need to apply with the correct form and respect the deadline
- the AOA office will be sending an email out to inform members of the application due date and it will also be posted on the website
- $100 for western Canada - BC, SK, MB
- $200 for the rest of Canada
- $300 for International, including the United States
Note: The AOA will reimburse up to a total of $250 or the grant amount will be pro-rated among the applicants, should the grant budget maximum be reached.
Orienteering Learning and Development Grant
- this grant is available to AOA Alberta-resident members who attend officials courses, coaching courses, orienteering workshops, conferences, etc.
- there is no out-of-province travel restriction for this grant
- course fees and travel costs will be reimbursed up to a total of $250 or pro-rated among the applicants should the grant budget be reached.
- receipts need to be provided
In order to apply for the Orienteering Learning and development grant:
- applicant must be an AOA member in good standing;
- applicant must have been an Alberta resident for the 12 months prior to the course or conference;
- applicant must use the designated form and respect the deadline. The AOA office will send ot an email to inform members of the date which will also be posted on the website.
The AOA Board reserves the right to approve or reject Pursuit of Athletic Excellence and the Orienteering Learning and Development grants requests based on the judged merit of the activity/event being applied for.
The Board may decide to substitute a special grant in lieu of the Pursuit of Athletic Excellence grant in certain special cases
All grant applications must be sent to
by mail to:
Alberta Orienteering Association
Cochrane, AB T4C 1B5