Orienteering Red deer
We are planning our 2024 programs and community events.
Please check back for registration on March 1st.
Please sign up so we can send you an email for the upcoming events.
Orienteering Community Events Calendar:
TRY ORIENTEERING COMMUNITY EVENTS - How to join?
Sign up for free TRY IT!
SCHOOL PROGRAMS AND GROUPS
Please send us an email about your inquiry if you would like a session with us: email@example.com
Why should you try it?
Orienteering is a recreational sport that involves navigating using a map. It's a wonderful way to explore the Red Deer parks and challenge your mind. Whether you're an experienced outdoor enthusiast or just looking for a new way to make your walks more exciting, orienteering is suitable for all skill levels.
We are grateful for the ParticipAction Community Challenge
and the City of Red Deer grants to support us to organize free orienteering events.
1. OUTDOOR ADVENTURE YOUTH PROGRAM
- The program is designed for children ages 6-10 years
- 4-week sessions: Wednesday 5:00-6:00pm
- April 26, May 3, May 10, May 17, 2023
- Where: to discover new parks and maps we will have sessions at Barrett Park , Red Deer Polytechnic and Bower Ponds ( locations will be confirmed)
- Cost: $40 per youth
- The program is run by our trained coaches and based on the goals and principles of the of the Canadian Physical Literacy & Long-Term Athlete Development model. We use orienteering as a tool to teach navigation, we play games to have fun and develop basic running skills, agility & endurance.
- Ask us about the AOA Grant to support underrepresented groups. As part of the CANADIAN TIRE JUMPSTART program we can provide help with subsidizing registration fees.